Share this on:
Shop “Small Business Saturday” in Downtown Waukesha
on November 26th, 2016!
The importance of locally owned small businesses was recognized in 2011 by the United States Congress. “Small Business Saturday” — the Saturday following Thanksgiving — has always been the best time for friends and families to come together and enjoy Christmas Holiday shopping. Downtown Waukesha is a vibrant and diverse community of small businesses and merchants that offer a large variety of products and services to fit your shopping pleasures.
Waukesha’s 2016 Small Business Saturday Merchant Specials:
“Click” to enlarge flyer specials
This year on November 26th, Waukesha residents can help support our beloved downtown and other small businesses on this special day.
The small businesses in our community are substantially valuable for a multitude of reasons. Why should we as Waukesha residents support small businesses?
Statistically the magnitude of supporting them is overwhelming for our local economy and residents.
Did you know that small businesses:
- Represent 99.7 % of all businesses having employees in the U.S.
- Employ half of the employees in the private sector in the U.S.
- Pay 44% of the total payroll of the employees in the private sector in the U.S.
- Generated 65% of net new jobs over the past 17 years
- Generate 60 to 80% of all NEW jobs annually
- Focus on deepening relationships w/ customers & creating value for customers
- For every 100 dollars spent with locally owned, independent stores, 68 dollars returns to our community through local payroll, taxes, and other expenditures
- 92% of consumers in the U.S. agree that their success is vital to the overall economic health of the U.S.
- 93% of consumers in the U.S. agree that they contribute positively to the local community supplying jobs and generating tax revenue
- 91% of consumers in the U.S. have small businesses in their community that the consumers would miss if they closed
- 99% of consumers in the U.S. agree that it’s important to support the small businesses in their community
90% of consumers in the U.S. are willing to pledge support for a “buy local” movement
Help support our local small businesses in Waukesha on “Small Business Saturday” this November 26th!!